Yep, you heard it right! Trellis along with Baker, the original creators of this exciting campaign and movement, and seven other leaders in the cannabis industry launched a new initiative: the Future of Cannabis Retail campaign.
We had an epic experience kicking off the campaign (and short film) at MJBizConNEXT in the ever-interesting, Big Easy. (That’s New Orleans, for the uninitiated.)
What’s the Goal of the Future of Cannabis Campaign?
The goal of this campaign is to be a catalyst for a movement to transform the industry from one that still is more fragmented than we’d like and create a highly collaborative cannabis ecosystem. You may have gotten a social media sneak peek of the campaign that coincided with 4/20. We used the hashtag #futureofcannabisretail.
After creating quite a splash in the industry, the Future of Cannabis Retail campaign went into high-gear among other efforts, we debuted a short film, eponymously named the Future of Cannabis Retail. The short film was produced by award-winning film and animation studio, Post Modern Media.
Debuting at MJBizConNEXT, the film gave conference attendees the opportunity to experience a mini IMAX-like experience on the exhibition floor. To demonstrate how data transparency and other tools can positively influence the many facets of the cannabis industry across the cannabis ecosystem — from seed-to-sale – the short film includes emotive spoken word elements paired with engaging motion graphics.
Invoking powerful spoken word poetry, the film provides viewers a peek into an industry that has overcome incredible odds to capitalize on new opportunities, taking an industry from incubation to a robust, fast-growing market poised to grow to $57 billion by 2027.
The “Future of Cannabis Retail” Film
You can view the film at www.futureofcannabisretail.com or below:
We’re grateful to Baker – who you probably know as the leading CRM solution in the industry – for spearheading the initiative. Baker brought together Trellis, and these seven other leaders in the industry, to launch the Future of Cannabis Retail campaign:
- Confident Cannabis: the only platform for cannabis businesses to trade wholesale powered by lab data;
- Cova: a cannabis retail point of sale and touchscreen menu solution that make complex operations and compliance simple;
- Headset: a cannabis business, and industry analytics platform based on real-time data;
- Hypur: a banking and payment technology solution for the cannabis industry and other highly-regulated markets;
- Lightshade: a medical and adult-use dispensary with eight locations throughout Metro Denver;
- Rootery: an online marketplace helping consumers choose cannabis products;
- StickyGuide for Business: a cannabis marketing technology company featuring TV menus and mobile apps.
To learn more about the Future of Cannabis movement, check out www.futureofcannabisretail.com.
What do you think about the Future of Cannabis? We want to know. Reach out to us on our contact page.